Jan 18, 2012

What I Wore-Thrifted Dress

It's Wednesday! and, yes, the COLD has returned to Utah...it's finally starting to feel like January around here. It was 10 degrees when I took these pics. It was difficult to take off this coat!
I found this colorful dress at a local thrift store and fell in love! 






Yes, I think this dress could officially be labeled a muu muu but I think it works when a belt is added.  And, I was thinking when I bought it, it was long enough to wear as a dress but, when I got it home it was a bit short so I added my skinny jeans that I got for Christmas (the ones I've worn basically every day since Christmas!)

My mom sells Avon so I occasionally get Avon goodies from her.  Can you guess which part of these pics are from Avon??  I'll just tell ya...it's the shoes! shocking, right? Cute! Comfortable is a different story but that's ok, because they're cute!

Also, I added these earrings from Pretty Little Me for a little contrast, because turquoise is one of my favorite colors!

Thank you to my husband for putting up with the cold long enough to take these pics!  How's the weather where you're at?
xo-Danielle
pleated poppy
PS: don't forget a giveaway for one of these over at Take Heart

8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I adore wearing dresses with my skinny jeans. It's 24 degrees here in good ol' Indiana. But I'll wait 5 minutes and that will change. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty! I can't believe that's a mumu... It's too cute! Your shoes are awesome! I need to get some Avon shoes those are great!

    Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it looks like a mumu at all! I think it is too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress...SO cute! Good call with the skinny jeans and belt. I love the whole look:) I'm in Utah too so it finally feels like Christmas today...in January;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH!!! that dress is adorable! LOVE the outfit!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE those shoes!! Must have. You are so chic too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...