Nov 14, 2011

Music Mondays- spaceboy

I still remember the first time I heard the Smashing Pumpkins.  I was 12 years old and my older brother, Taylor came home with Siamese Dream.  Ever since that day in 1995 I've been in love with the Pumpkins.  Oh, and Billy, of course.

I remember my first concert at the ripe old age of 13.  Yes, Billy wore a dress similar to this one.  Yes, it was amazing.  I didn't find out until later that my future husband was at the same show! He was 17, and loved the Pumpkins just like me :) Turns out, we lived a few blocks away from eachother, but never met until 2000...but that is a (very romantic) story for another day.

I'm sharing with you this fine #MusicMonday the song Spaceboy.  It brings me back to my days as a quirky ninth grader.  I may have (but probably didn't) taken hair & makeup advice from D'arcy, thrown on a cape and called myself Spacegirl...but probably I didn't.  That would be crazy, right?
that makeup? yep, totally did that in 8th grade. in the bathroom, before school started. umm, yeah, it was a secret from my mom, shhhh
that hair? yeah, totally did that. all. the. time. told ya I was quirky

I really should break out some old awkward photos of me from high school, right?  yeah right!
Jeremy and I were having a 90s flashback on our road trip last week.  It was really fun driving that one leg of our trip (mostly because the kids were asleep) but also because The Pumpkins were there in our ears.
If it's been a while since you've listened to Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, or any of the other cds from the Pumpkins, you should take some time to enjoy them again. 

Do you have a song from the 90's you love?? Do you have a song stuck in your head?  Do you want to share with us your favorite band?  Feel free to share!  This is a great way to help open our minds to different kinds of music!  I can't wait to see what you're listening to!
There are two ways to share:
1.  Leave a comment sharing any music/musicians that you love
2.  Link up! If you have a blog, you can post all your intimate thoughts and details about your favorite music/musicians and leave your link here.  Please grab a button from my sidebar to share in your post :)
Happy Music Monday!
xo-Danielle
Music Mondays with Sugar Blossom Boutique




4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the Pumpkins! I'm sure you rocked that cape. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pumpkins are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Pumpkins, but I'd like to hear a bit more falsetto :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...